We are excited to announce that we are now offering paraffin treatments at the Nail Spa at FAC. Some people get paraffin treatments simply because they feel amazing. Others use paraffin for therapeutic purposes. A paraffin treatment uses warm oil-based wax to provide pain relief to hands, feet and sore joints and muscles. This treatment has skin-softening benefits as well. The benefit of the paraffin treatment soothes chronic joint pain and relaxes stiff muscles, and improves blood flow to the treated area.. It increases range of motion for people with arthritis, bursitis and other chronic conditions that cause pain and stiffness. Paraffin treatments also smooth and soften dry, chapped, rough and scaly skin. It can be helpful for chronic skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis.
Dr. Cohen has been trying to find a product line to carry in the office for patient convenience for a quite some time. We are happy to let you know we will now be carrying more of the products he recommends for a variety of conditions in our office. We will be carrying the CTS Therapeutic Solutions line which is specially formulated with a focus on podiatry. The following products will be in our office for your convenience:
- Clarus Antifungal Solution: A unique oil based anti-fungal solution for the treatment of nail fungus
- Kera Nail Gel: Softens and penetrates thick nails. When used in conjunction with Clarus Antifungal Solution it helps increase the penetration of the medication by 20X
- Clarus Antifungal Cream: Relieves symptoms of itching, burning, and cracking of the infected area, while softening and moisturizing the skin
- Clarus Antimicrobial Shoe Shield: A safe, highly effective, pure and natural antimicrobial silver containing spray in a proprietary formulation that kills bacteria and fungus which results in neutralizing shoe odor
- Kera 42 Cream: A safe, effective, medical strength moisturizing urea-based formulation for calloused, rough, dry skin
- Kera HC Cream: A hydrocortisone cream, in a highly effective Urea base with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, providing additional moisture to damaged, dry, and irritated skin, essential in breaking the Itch/Scratch Cycle associated with mild skin irritation
- MacerRX Web Gel: Relieves symptoms of itching, burning, and cracking of excessive moisture between the toes
- NeuRx-TF Tablets: These tablets are ideal for patients with neuropathy who require nerve function support
- TheraNail-TF Tablets: A once-daily vitamin supplement used to increase nail strength, reduce nail breakage, improve nail structure, and smooth brittle ridges
Is it a wart or callus on your foot? Both occur on the bottom of the foot but they are different. Plantar warts are caused by a virus that enters the foot through a break in the skin. A callus is a thickening of the skin due to pressure. How can you tell the difference? Warts often have black dots which are capillaries along with tiny nerves that grow into the warts. Also, pinch it. If it is painful it's likely to be a wart. If not, it's probably a callus.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.