Posts for category: Nail Spa
- Take the time to care for your nails
- Stop biting or picking at your nails
- Use a nail hardener to protect nails from splitting and peeling
- Vitamin E supplements keep nails growing long and strong
- Pastels and neutrals go the distance on longer and round nails
- Dark shades of nail polish look best on short, squared nails
- Apply a moisturizer to your nails every night to reduce evaporation of water
- A weekly manicure can do wonders for your nails and cuticles
- Pushing the cuticles back can stimulate new growth
- A monthly pedicure can save your feet from a world of complications
If you like this article be sure to sign up for our newsletter where we right about your nail health and a variety of podiatry topics. Sign up at
Dr. Robert Spalding, a Chattanooga podiatrist, was recently featured on CNN's Anderson Cooper's talk show to discuss the dangers of typical nail salons. To view the full interview visit www.andersoncooper.com/2013/02/01/5-questions-to-ask-your-nail-salon Dr. Spalding also wrote a book, Death by Pedicure, available on amazon.com
It is for exaclty these risks that we opened the Nail Spa at FAC. Appointments are going quickly so call for yours today...425-0668
We are excited to announce that we will soon be offering manicures and pedicures in our office. We get the question daily, "where can I get a safe pedicure?" Now we have the answer! Our office will be using a pedicure station that has disposable liners so you will never share a foot tub with anyone else again. We will also be medically sterilizing all of our instruments. Perfect for current patients of ours or anyone who comes to Saint Thomas Hospital, works at the hospital, lives nearby, has a friend of family member at the hospital for a procedure or stay, and/or is just insistent on a good, clean pedicure.
Keep in touch and make your appointment soon!